Definition and classification of conventional push button switches
Technical support | 2021-06-09
The definition of button switch refers to the switch that uses the button to push the transmission mechanism to disconnect the dynamic contact and static contact according to currency and realize circuit conversion. Push button switch is a single, widely used master electrical appliance. In the electric automatic control circuit, it is used to manually send control signals to control contactors, relays and electromagnetic starters.
1、 Push button switches are classified according to different uses and contact structures
2、 Classification of button switches: classified according to operation mode and protection mode
Common button categories and features:
1. Waterproof: shell with seal. It can be placed in water intrusion.
2. Anti corrosion type: it can prevent the invasion of chemical corrosive gas.
3. Explosion proof: it can be used in places containing explosive gas and dust without causing explosion propagation, such as coal mines.
4. Knob type: rotate the operating contact with the handle, with two on-off positions, generally panel mounted.
5. Key type: insert and rotate the key for operation, which can prevent misoperation or be operated by special personnel.
6. Open type: suitable for inlaying and fixing on the panel of switch board, control cabinet or console.
7. Protective type: with protective shell, it can prevent the internal button parts from mechanical damage or people from touching the live part.
8. Emergency type: there is a large red mushroom head protruding outside, which is used to cut off the power supply in case of emergency.
9. Self supporting button: the button is equipped with self-supporting electromagnetic mechanism, which is mainly used for power plant, substation or test equipment. The operator exchanges signals and sends commands.
10. Button with light: the button is equipped with signal light, which is not only used to issue operation instructions, but also used as signal indication. It is mostly used on the panel of control cabinet and console.
11. Combined type: combination of multiple buttons.
12. Interlocking type: multiple contacts are interlocked with each other.